Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Fred 11/15/2004 W 0.30 0.20
Fred 11/15/2004 W 0.10 0.20
Fred 11/15/2004 W 2.30 3.00
Fred 11/16/2004 LD 2.00 1.50
Paul 11/16/2004 LD 3.00 3.00
Paul 11/16/2004 ST 0.40 0.00
Paul 11/16/2004 E 4.00 3.00
Paul 11/16/2004 E 3.00 4.50

and I want to create a report that looks like this

Beginning date/Ending date Don/Paul/Fred/Paul/etc.
(this has to be dynamic when we add or delete
Tech's)
CV SUM OF TOTAL ACTUAL HOURS BY CODE
E SUM OF TOTAL ACTUAL HOURS BY CODE
PDI ETC.
ST
LD
HD
DO

BIGGEST PROBLEMS I HAVE IS GETTING THE TECH NAMES IN THE LIST IN A
COLUMN HEADING AND THEN CALCULATING THE SUM OF EACH CODE BY TECH IN
THE TABLES CELLS.

APPRECIATE ANY HELP I CAN GET

MARTIN
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Querying a list with Excel

I'd recommend a Pivot Table...

See Debra Dalgleish's beginner's tutorial at

She's also got a lot more good stuff on PTs at her site:

http://contextures.com/tiptech.html

In article ,
(Martin) wrote:

I am starting out with a list like