Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Wright

Default Querying a range within Excel

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can advise how to query a named range within an excel
spreadsheet. ie rather than query an external datasource I would like to have
a table in excel that is named by a range and then query the range using
criteria to return a sub set of records. I would prefer not to do this using
pivot tables, unless there is a way to turn off the GUI interface to pivot
tables.

Thanks

--
David Wright