Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Button Picture

Is there a way to place a pix in a marco button?

Thanks,

Michae

--
MJSlatter
MJSlattery's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1614

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A button from the Control Toolbox? Yes.
Right-click the button, select Properties. From the Picture Property, browse
for a picture.

"MJSlattery" wrote in message

Is there a way to place a pix in a marco button?

Thanks,

Michael

--
MJSlattery
MJSlattery's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, I was trying to put a graffic into a macro button in a worksheet no
one of the tool bars. Looks like you can't get there from here.

Thanks for the reply,

Michae

--
MJSlatter
MJSlattery's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1614
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31909

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, you can, but not in the way that you might be thinking.

If you have an image that you want to put on a worksheet button, paste the
image onto the worksheet and then position it "over" the button. You may
have to right click on the button, select "Order" and "Send to Back" or
right click on the image, select "Order" and "Bring Forward". To make this
work cleanly, hold down "ctrl" and click both the button and the image, then
right click and select "Grouping" and "Group". You will then want to right
click on the group and select "Assign Macro" to assign your macro to the
grouped objects.

I have done this many times and it works fine. A source for images is to
right click on an Excel toolbar, select "Customize", right click on a button
with an image you want to use and select "Copy Button Image". You can then
paste this image onto your worksheet and proceed as described above.

Rick

----- _ O
---- _ \<,_
--- (_)/@(_)

"MJSlattery" wrote in message

Is there a way to place a pix in a marco button?

Thanks,

Michael

--
MJSlattery
MJSlattery's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=319092

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just use the picture?

You can right click on it and assign macro.

(just like the button from the Forms toolbar used on a worksheet.)

No, I was trying to put a graffic into a macro button in a worksheet not

MJSlattery's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16141
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=319092

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Of course you can do that too. The only reason not to is that users may not
recognize the image as something to click on to run the macro. When the
image is associated with a button, it's use is more obvious.

MJSlattery wrote:

No, I was trying to put a graffic into a macro button in a worksheet not
one of the tool bars. Looks like you can't get there from here.

Thanks for the reply,

Michael

--
MJSlattery
MJSlattery's Profile:
View this thread:

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi!

I stumbled into a fairly good way of getting it accomplished.

I used a autoshape to define the button. I then set the format contro
to zero transparancy. I now have an invisiable button over the graffi
that I want to be active.

I am on a G4 Mac running Office 2004.

Thanks for your input.

Michae

--
MJSlatter
MJSlattery's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1614
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31909

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just use a picture--especially if you're hiding the button?

MJSlattery wrote:

Hi!

I stumbled into a fairly good way of getting it accomplished.

I used a autoshape to define the button. I then set the format control
to zero transparancy. I now have an invisiable button over the graffic