Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Input box with variable

I'm trying to include a variable in the text of my Input box so that th
user knows what was entered the previous month.

Here is the code I am using so far but I can't get the synta
straight:

Dim Data
Data = InputBox("Please enter this month's WAN Availability. Las
month's Availability was " & 'Data Input'!C40, "New Month Data")

Sheets("Data Input").Range("C41") = Data

Help

--
bugg
buggy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1666

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try
with Sheets("Data Input").Range("C40")
Data = InputBox("Please enter this month's WAN Availability. Last
month's Availability was " & .value & vblf & "New Month Data")
..offset(1,0).value = Data
end with

"buggy" wrote:

I'm trying to include a variable in the text of my Input box so that the
user knows what was entered the previous month.

Here is the code I am using so far but I can't get the syntax
straight:

Dim Data
Data = InputBox("Please enter this month's WAN Availability. Last
month's Availability was " & 'Data Input'!C40, "New Month Data")

Sheets("Data Input").Range("C41") = Data

Help!

--
buggy
buggy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16666
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=318749

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Frank,

Thanks! However I'm getting a Syntax error with the line

..Offset(1, 0).Value = Data

Should this be its own line? it doesn't seem to want to be on the en
of the INPut Box line either