Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I chart cells with values only........surely the answer is yes????

Gentlemen,
Thanks for help in the past.
It has been a while, but i will call on your assistance one more time.
Here is the issue:

I have transformed a trending-type worksheet 'database' file so that
all graphs update automatically when new data is entered to the bottom
of the columns. OK, that was easy enough, using Jwalks suggestion on
"Naming" the graph specific ranges. This works perfectly, however,
with
this problem.

I have facilitated user data entry by making certain things happen
automatically as users type data into the row for new data. The
columns that i have put formulas in for this reason (formulas are then
copied far down the sheet in that column) appear blank, with no
values.

The problem is the graphs that reference the ranges with formulas in
the
blank cells, also graph the cells with formulas.
I need to graph ONLY the cells containing values, NOT formulas. I
assume
there must be a way to do this; it seems to obvious, but i haven't
been able
to figure it out.

An example of one of my range Name formulas is:

Name: MEANS_2004
range formula: =OFFSET(Data!$Q$901,0,0,COUNTA(Data!$Q:$Q)-884)
(this works great, but the graph is badly skewed because i have
formulas
below the last row of data in column Q, extending to row 10000)

Note: I am only talking about not graphing all the cells below the
last row of data. In other words, i am not trying to omit cells with
formulas 'within' the range of usable data.

I'm sure this is sounding more complicated than it's worth. I think i
just
need to know if one can graph valued cells only.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Take Care All

SF