Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default retreiving multiple pictures from the office clip board

Does anyone know how to use VB or anything else to retreive mutiple pictures
from the office clip board. I am trying to write a macro to to select
images, in sequence from the office clip board and then paste them to their
assigned cells. eg: clip board item 1 to cell a13, clip board item 2 to
cell d13, etc..

all i get is input from the system clip board...which is the last item that
was copied to the clip board..

thanks in advance!
--
Jim Feola
JAMES Associates, LLC.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the office clipboard (and the related taskpane) are not
programmatically accessible. it's controls are NOT exposed to windows
so using Apis is a deadend.

Unless someone finds a way to subclass the Clipboard Change
Notification in a stable manner... But I doubt it.. unless it can be
done via .NET

Imho the office clipboard is a waste of resources, a memory hog, and
will slow your system down. I know some people even recommend to edit
the registry to disable it's capability to collect multiple items...

So my advice is to collect & paste the pictures one by one,
iso via the office clipboard. and as you may have guessed:
disable it.

--
keepITcool

Jim Feola wrote :

Does anyone know how to use VB or anything else to retreive mutiple
pictures from the office clip board. I am trying to write a macro to
to select images, in sequence from the office clip board and then
paste them to their assigned cells. eg: clip board item 1 to cell
a13, clip board item 2 to cell d13, etc..

all i get is input from the system clip board...which is the last
item that was copied to the clip board..

thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick, see:
http://www.mvps.org/skp/off00005.htm