Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Links and more links :(

How can I find the ranges that containt links?

LinkSources and ChangeLink let you list and change the link sources but
neither of them will tell you WHERE the link formulas are.

You might think this is a silly question; Why don't I just use find? Well, I
did. It returned no results.

I tried several variations of spelling, and I tried searching for pieces of
the whole source name/path and still no luck. I do not have any hidden
ranges that would impede a find function.

This one really irks me.

--
-Mike Mertes
Airtron, Tampa Bay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may have some linked named ranges. Try finding those and removing them.

Menu options Insert - Name - Define

Delete any named ranges that are pointing to other work books...

Hope this helps...

"Mike Mertes" wrote:

How can I find the ranges that containt links?

LinkSources and ChangeLink let you list and change the link sources but
neither of them will tell you WHERE the link formulas are.

You might think this is a silly question; Why don't I just use find? Well, I
did. It returned no results.

I tried several variations of spelling, and I tried searching for pieces of
the whole source name/path and still no luck. I do not have any hidden
ranges that would impede a find function.

This one really irks me.

--
-Mike Mertes
Airtron, Tampa Bay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes! That's exactly what I needed to know! Thank you :D

--
-Mike Mertes
Airtron, Tampa Bay