Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default custom menu doesn't drop down via shortcut

crispbd Wrote:
It will show the contents of the dropdown if the hotkey is unique

(if two menus have &M ir &o) they will not drop down

It is unique -- on that toolbar.

And it does highlight so it is being selected ok.

But I see now that it's the Drawing toolbar that interferes. It has a
button with the same hotkey: "D_r_aw"

When Drawing is closed, my menu does drop down.

When Drawing is open, my menu still gets selected but not droppe
down.

So I will change the hotkey, but I think this sucks a bit, how can
anticipate all the letters used by all the toolbars? Anyway, thanks -
can live with it.

mp

--
mp
mpa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1663

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi mpa

So I will change the hotkey, but I think this sucks a bit, how can I
anticipate all the letters used by all the toolbars? Anyway, thanks - I
can live with it.

Send the Add-in to a user with a non english version and you maybe have
other problems.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"mpa" wrote in message ...

crispbd Wrote:
It will show the contents of the dropdown if the hotkey is unique

(if two menus have &M ir &o) they will not drop down

It is unique -- on that toolbar.

And it does highlight so it is being selected ok.

But I see now that it's the Drawing toolbar that interferes. It has an
button with the same hotkey: "D_r_aw"

When Drawing is closed, my menu does drop down.

When Drawing is open, my menu still gets selected but not dropped
down.

So I will change the hotkey, but I think this sucks a bit, how can I
anticipate all the letters used by all the toolbars? Anyway, thanks - I
can live with it.

mpa

--
mpa