Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mpa mpa is offline

Default custom menu doesn't drop down via shortcut

My add-in puts a custom menu on the worksheet menu bar.

Works fine via the mouse.

Works fine when tapping ALT and then navigating with the arrow-keys.

It's called "Review" and the R shows the underline b/c I populated th
caption as "&Review".

Tapping ALT and then "R" does highlight/select the top of the men
correctly.

But it doesn't expand it, ie. it doesn't drop it down and reveal it
contents.

For all the built-in menus ALT plus the underlined letter does revea
the menu.

Is there something I need to be setting??

--
mp
mpa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1663

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It will show the contents of the dropdown *if the hotkey is unique*

Most likely there is another menu somewhere that uses the &R (or &r)

i.e. the d&raw menu in exce

--
crispb
crispbd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1088

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi mpa

It is working for me with this test example

Sub MenuBar_Item()
On Error Resume Next
Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("Review").Dele te
On Error GoTo 0
With Application.CommandBars(1)
With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton, befo=1)
.Style = msoButtonCaption
.Caption = "&Review"
.OnAction = ThisWorkbook.Name & "!TestMacro"
End With
End With
End Sub

Sub MenuBar_Item_Delete()
On Error Resume Next
Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("Review").Dele te
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

Sub TestMacro()
MsgBox "Hi"

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"mpa" wrote in message ...

My add-in puts a custom menu on the worksheet menu bar.

Works fine via the mouse.

Works fine when tapping ALT and then navigating with the arrow-keys.

It's called "Review" and the R shows the underline b/c I populated the
caption as "&Review".

Tapping ALT and then "R" does highlight/select the top of the menu
correctly.

But it doesn't expand it, ie. it doesn't drop it down and reveal its
contents.

For all the built-in menus ALT plus the underlined letter does reveal

mpa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16632
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=314986