Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Running Clock

Ive figured out my own solution, something i tried before and never go
it to work, it now seems so obvious i cant beleive it, just for inf
incase anybosy else ever needs a simple running clock on ther
spreasheet,

the command =NOW() puts the time in the cell of what it iswhen you d
it but i wanted this time to be like a clock and not just a static time
what i just realised is if you format the cell to have seconds in it, i
hh:mm:ss it does indeed have a running clcok, ive never noticed befor
because ive just had it formatted as hh:mm so you cant see it tickin
over altho it would if you left it for a minute, seems obvious now bu
its had me scratching my head.

I can now run my formulas when a certain time of the day is reached

--
scottymellot
scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=380

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
see:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm
(at the bottom of this *long* page)

"scottymelloty" wrote:

Ive figured out my own solution, something i tried before and never got
it to work, it now seems so obvious i cant beleive it, just for info
incase anybosy else ever needs a simple running clock on there
spreasheet,

the command =NOW() puts the time in the cell of what it iswhen you do
it but i wanted this time to be like a clock and not just a static time,
what i just realised is if you format the cell to have seconds in it, ie
hh:mm:ss it does indeed have a running clcok, ive never noticed before
because ive just had it formatted as hh:mm so you cant see it ticking
over altho it would if you left it for a minute, seems obvious now but
its had me scratching my head.

I can now run my formulas when a certain time of the day is reached.

--
scottymelloty
scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3808
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=314471