Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems making a formulas in excel

Hi, I can barely do formulas in excel and have managed to stump myself
(not hard though). I wanted to make a time schedule chart (for a
radio show) where one column was the time the show started (using 24
instead of 12 hour clock) and the other column was the time the show
stopped, and then have a box where I could put _-/+ how many hours
difference there was between where I am (time zone) and where the show
is being broadcast. Eg. I am in Italy (6 hours diff form EST) and the
show starts at 13:00 in the US so I want to be able to put +6 in a box
and have the time (in all the boxes) show 13:00+6. The main problem I
am having is once I get to something like 19:00 if I add 6 it goes to
25 and beyond instead of 01:00. If anyone out there has any ideas on
how to resolve this I would *really* appreciate the help!

Cheers

-Gaiko
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

If you put a time in an excel window, like 08:30:14, it is instantly
converted to Excels datetime, which is the number of days from 1st of
January 1900 or so.

To add 6 hours, just add .25 (6 divided by 24) to the time, and format
the cell in date time format.
Regards,
ManualMan
http://www.gamesXL.tk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you use time form at in cells, it will all work for you automatically,
but remember to use time format for everything, including the time
difference.

--

HTH

RP

"Gaikokujin Kyofushso" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

put 05:00:00 in cell A1 and then make sure if shows as a time format yo
want
then in A2, put =A1 + 0.25

excel stores everything as a number, =05:00:00 has no meaning to exce
because "05:00:00" is not a number itself

--
ehfla
ehflam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1677