Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Please repost ans to this one

This is bound to have been posted here many moons ago...

xp home
xl 97 sr2

Everytime I open a workbook I receive a warning about having the same
workbook open even though only opened one, which patch do I need to download
or registry entry need tweaking?

Thanks In Advance
Mark (InWales)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
see:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#TwoWindows

"Mark (InWales)" wrote:

This is bound to have been posted here many moons ago...

xp home
xl 97 sr2

Everytime I open a workbook I receive a warning about having the same
workbook open even though only opened one, which patch do I need to download
or registry entry need tweaking?

Thanks In Advance
Mark (InWales)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try closing excel, then going to the windows start menu and select Run

in the box put in

excel.exe /regserver

and click OK. this will refresh Excels configuration settings and hopefully
will solve your problem.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mark (InWales)" wrote in message
This is bound to have been posted here many moons ago...

xp home
xl 97 sr2

Everytime I open a workbook I receive a warning about having the same
workbook open even though only opened one, which patch do I need to

download
or registry entry need tweaking?

Thanks In Advance
Mark (InWales)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is an update. Tried both suggestions alas still when I open any
workbook on my system the two workbooks message appears. When I open a
brand new workbook it doesn't?

It's annoying the heck out of me!
Thanks for the suggestions though
Mark (InWales)