Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbook

I am working on a workbook that has 5 sheets
If I want to save the finished results, the Result sheet, I want to d
so without saving the whole workbook
The only way I have found of doing this is to open another workboo
and make it into a template to Copy and Paste (special) the result
This is pretty complicated especially as those that will be using th
program know less than I do
If this is the only way I can do it, is it possible to ‘call up’ thi
template from within the program workbook ?

I had no trouble when I originally wrote the program in Qbasic, and a
only trying to rewrite it with excel as Dos based programs have ha
Unfortunately I have no ideas re Macro
--------
www.coffeecozy.co

Use your Bodum and give up cold coffee for good!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

normally it is not possible to save only one sheet. waht you can do it copy
the sheet in anothyer workbook and save.

try this code given by Frank Arendt-Theilen in this newsgroup(taken from my
notes)

Sub SaveOnlyOneSheet()
Dim SheetName As String
SheetName = InputBox(Prompt:="What's the new file name:", _
Title:="File name")
If SheetName = "" Then GoTo Ende
ActiveSheet.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs SheetName
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Exit Sub
Ende:
MsgBox "Error, file name not valid!", vbCritical, "Error"
End Sub
=============================

chequer - ExcelForums.com wrote in
message ...
I am working on a workbook that has 5 sheets.
If I want to save the finished results, the Result sheet, I want to do
so without saving the whole workbook.
The only way I have found of doing this is to open another workbook
and make it into a template to Copy and Paste (special) the results
to.
This is pretty complicated especially as those that will be using the
program know less than I do.
If this is the only way I can do it, is it possible to ‘call up’ this
template from within the program workbook ?.

I had no trouble when I originally wrote the program in Qbasic, and am
only trying to rewrite it with excel as Dos based programs have had
it
Unfortunately I have no ideas re Macros
---------
www.coffeecozy.com

Use your Bodum and give up cold coffee for good!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't need this template.

turn on the macro recorder.
right-click the sheet tab