Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Please Help-sorting Data

hi Tom,

Sorry for not being clear in what I wanted..

The problem is that these 3 cols form part of a table containing about
9 columns and 10 rows.
These are data entered by the user in a data sheet.The user's job is
only to enter the data.
I have to make excel choose the top 3 values from Column C.This has to
be done as a spreadsheet function.The chosen top 3 has to be displayed
in a different sheet along with the corresponding data in the other
columns.

If I use rank on values that have both negative and positive values it
does not give me the desired result. So what I tried to do was to
convert all the values into positive ones and then I used rank. But the
next problem is I have to choose those rows having the ranks 1 , 2 and
3 from the jumbled ranking and display corresponding data.

Please help, thanx for the reply,

Arvind.

--
mnarvind