Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Working with Dates: Calculating A Running Total for Days Held

PROBLEM 1

I have 2 columns, One column with Dates entered, and one column that
would like to calculate how many days it has been since the dat
entered.

_Date_Entered_(Or_Purchased)_ This is column "A"

_Days_Since_Date_Entered_(or_Todays_date_less_Date _entered)_ This i
column "BT"
How do I created a formula for this column based on Date Entered?

PROBLEM 2

Column "BU" is a drop down box that gives 2 possible choices.
1. Incomplete
2. Complete

When the end user chooses complete, I want the system date to show i
column "BV".

Does anyone have any suggestions? (I'm an Excel novice) Thank you

--
Mcastee
Mcasteel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1569

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To calculate the number of days: =A1-B1

To calculate the number of work days: =NETWORKDAYS(a1-b1)

HTH,
Gary Brown

"Mcasteel" wrote:

PROBLEM 1:

I have 2 columns, One column with Dates entered, and one column that I
would like to calculate how many days it has been since the date
entered.

_Date_Entered_(Or_Purchased)_ This is column "A"

_Days_Since_Date_Entered_(or_Todays_date_less_Date _entered)_ This is
column "BT"
How do I created a formula for this column based on Date Entered?

PROBLEM 2:

Column "BU" is a drop down box that gives 2 possible choices.
1. Incomplete
2. Complete

When the end user chooses complete, I want the system date to show in
column "BV".

Does anyone have any suggestions? (I'm an Excel novice) Thank you.

--
Mcasteel
Mcasteel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15698
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=314556

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Problem 2: Assuming this is ListBox1, put this code in the listbox code
module:

Private Sub ListBox1_Click()
If ListBox1.Value = "Complete" Then
Range("BV1").Value = Now
Else
Range("BV1").Value = ""

Format the cell for the date display of your choice.

Mike F