Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculating running total.

hello,

I want to do an inventory. I want to have two cells, one to put quantity
recieved and it to appear and add whats already in the second colum.
Example, in quantity total I have 100 items. I want to beable to put 50 in
quantity received and have quantity total change to 150. Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Let's say you have in column A received, in column B Pick up, in column C
total
Let's assume that in cell C1 you have the initial inventory = 100, in cell
C2 enter

=C1+A2-B2 and copy all the way down

"Danlet" wrote:

hello,

I want to do an inventory. I want to have two cells, one to put quantity
recieved and it to appear and add whats already in the second colum.
Example, in quantity total I have 100 items. I want to beable to put 50 in
quantity received and have quantity total change to 150. Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have kinda the same question with a twist. I'd like my column C (which in
my case is my checkbook balance) to not repeat the same number in all cells
that have the formula copied below it.
Example, if my balance is $100 in column C, and I don't enter anymore checks
beyond the last check number, then I'd rather not see the same balance shown
in every row of Column C. In other words, I'd only like column C to have an
entry in it if something was entered in columns and or B.
Is there a way to do that? Thanks..............Paul C.

"Danlet" wrote:

hello,

I want to do an inventory. I want to have two cells, one to put quantity
recieved and it to appear and add whats already in the second colum.
Example, in quantity total I have 100 items. I want to beable to put 50
in
quantity received and have quantity total change to 150. Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check number starting at A2

Amounts starting at B2

Enter start balance in C1

In C2 enter =IF(B2="","",C1-B2)

Copy down as far as you wish.

Note: if making a deposit in Column B enter it as a negative.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Danlet" wrote:

hello,

I want to do an inventory. I want to have two cells, one to put quantity
recieved and it to appear and add whats already in the second colum.
Example, in quantity total I have 100 items. I want to beable to put 50
in
quantity received and have quantity total change to 150. Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good to hear.

Gord

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 22:37:51 -0500, "Paul Calcagno"
wrote:

Hey Gord. I got it to work the way I needed it. Thanks.............Paul C.
.. .