Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Documentation of Excel 2003 objects

I'm starting to learn how to use C# with Excel 2003 but I cannot find the
detailed documentation of some of the objects. For example I have seen many
code examples which include a Range object property named Value2 and a
Worksheet method get_Range() but I have been unable to find a formal
definition of the Range and Worksheet objects which includes these
properties.
Can someone please tell me where to look.

Code examples are OK as an introduction but definitions of all classes and
objects as in .Net are necessary, are they not?

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No Tom, nothing in there for Value2 or get_Range. I couldn't even find a
reference to a Range Object as such: plenty of details for Range as a
property but not for it as an object.

Ken

"Ken Ellis" wrote in message
I'm starting to learn how to use C# with Excel 2003 but I cannot find

the
detailed documentation of some of the objects. For example I have seen

many
code examples which include a Range object property named Value2 and a
Worksheet method get_Range() but I have been unable to find a formal
definition of the Range and Worksheet objects which includes these
properties.
Can someone please tell me where to look.

Code examples are OK as an introduction but definitions of all classes

and
objects as in .Net are necessary, are they not?

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From help on Value2:

Returns or sets the cell value. Read/write Variant.

Remarks

The only difference between this property and the Value property is that the
Value2 property doesn't use the Currency and Date data types. You can return
values formatted with these data types as floating-point numbers by using
the Double data type.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ken Ellis" wrote in message
I'm starting to learn how to use C# with Excel 2003 but I cannot find

the
detailed documentation of some of the objects. For example I have seen

many
code examples which include a Range object property named Value2 and a
Worksheet method get_Range() but I have been unable to find a formal
definition of the Range and Worksheet objects which includes these
properties.
Can someone please tell me where to look.

Code examples are OK as an introduction but definitions of all

classes
and
objects as in .Net are necessary, are they not?

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom, but where is the information you gave me formally documented?
There are a host of methods such as get_Range and set_Value which I have
seen used in examples but I don't know where to find the details.

Best Wishes
Ken

From help on Value2:

"Ken Ellis" wrote in message
I'm starting to learn how to use C# with Excel 2003 but I cannot

find
the
detailed documentation of some of the objects. For example I have

seen
many
code examples which include a Range object property named Value2 and

Worksheet method get_Range() but I have been unable to find a formal
definition of the Range and Worksheet objects which includes these
properties.
Can someone please tell me where to look.

Code examples are OK as an introduction but definitions of all

classes
and
objects as in .Net are necessary, are they not?

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From help on Value2:
The Excel VBA help file.

never heard of get_Range or set_Value. That must be something from C#

Tom Ogilvy

"Ken Ellis" wrote in message
Thanks Tom, but where is the information you gave me formally documented?
There are a host of methods such as get_Range and set_Value which I have
seen used in examples but I don't know where to find the details.

Best Wishes
Ken

From help on Value2: