Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formating some text in cells?

Hey guys

I have a spreadsheet that contains about 4000 unique products/skus eac
with its own description. The problem is the data I received in th
description column was not formated correctly.

Currenty the data in the cells look like this:

'*Features a smaller handle spread with a comfortable, ergonomicall
designed handle.
*Ideal for the hard to handle smaller connectors, such as fiber opti
connectors and open barrel contacts.
*Die sets are easily interchangeable with a screwdriver.

but I want the data to look like this instead:

*Features a smaller handle spread with a comfortable, ergonomicall
designed handle.*Ideal for the hard to handle smaller connectors, suc
as fiber optic connectors and open barrel contacts. Die sets are easil
interchangeable with a screwdriver.

Is their a way I can format this data in excel so it looks merge
together?

--
drewdre
drewdrew's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1656

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in an adjacent column put in a formula like

=Substitute(C2,char(10)," ")

Then format that cell to word wrap.

Drag fill the formula down the column

select the column and copy, then select the original text column and do
Edit=Paste Special and select Values.

This assumes the formula produces the desired outcome.

Try this on a copy of your data.

Tom Ogilvy

"drewdrew" wrote in message

Hey guys

I have a spreadsheet that contains about 4000 unique products/skus each
with its own description. The problem is the data I received in the
description column was not formated correctly.

Currenty the data in the cells look like this:

'*Features a smaller handle spread with a comfortable, ergonomically
designed handle.
*Ideal for the hard to handle smaller connectors, such as fiber optic
connectors and open barrel contacts.
*Die sets are easily interchangeable with a screwdriver.

but I want the data to look like this instead:

*Features a smaller handle spread with a comfortable, ergonomically
designed handle.*Ideal for the hard to handle smaller connectors, such
as fiber optic connectors and open barrel contacts. Die sets are easily
interchangeable with a screwdriver.

Is their a way I can format this data in excel so it looks merged
together??

--
drewdrew
drewdrew's Profile: