Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Forum and other site?

Hi Forum,
This may sound like a strange question, but my computer crashed and I have
lost all of my "favorites." I am looking for a way to get to this site with
out having to go through all of the groups. I am also looking for a way to
not have all of the "Extras" that this screen has on it ie. the list of the
forums on the left, the "Search for:" ____ "in:" at the top, etc. It may
be I am in the wrong place to begin with, but it sure looks the same as where
I was before.

Is it possible ther is a similar web site? Could it be a "Group," as opposed
to a forum? Sure wish my system had not crashed, but oh well.

Thanks in advance.
--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Nick. I am accessing the web site using IE. I have done this before
thru IE, so Iknow it can be done. I think it is just a matter of coming up
with the right Http. if I am in the right place to begin with, lol.

"NickHK" wrote:

David,
Use Outlook Express instead.

NickHK

"David" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick. I read, respond and ask questions. thanks

"NickHK" wrote:

David,
So this is for program access to the newsgroup, or just for read ?

NickHK

"David" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

David,
That's why I said to use Outlook Express as it is much better than using a
browser on the web based version.

NickHK

"David" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
the way I do it (if I have to use the web interface): Copy the shortcut of
one forum and insert it directly in the url textbox of IE. e.g
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgro...el.programming

BUT as ick has stated: Try to use a real newsreader instead. Much easier to
use unless of course you'e not allowed to access NG directly)

"David" wrote:

Hi Forum,
This may sound like a strange question, but my computer crashed and I have
lost all of my "favorites." I am looking for a way to get to this site with
out having to go through all of the groups. I am also looking for a way to
not have all of the "Extras" that this screen has on it ie. the list of the
forums on the left, the "Search for:" ____ "in:" at the top, etc. It may
be I am in the wrong place to begin with, but it sure looks the same as where
I was before.

Is it possible ther is a similar web site? Could it be a "Group," as opposed
to a forum? Sure wish my system had not crashed, but oh well.

Thanks in advance.
--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

MS has a couple of different interfaces.

But I bet Frank wants you to dump the web interface completely. (I would, too!)

Saved from a previous post:

If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and
paste into MSIE).

(and a few more for MSWord)

(You can always connect to more later)

Here are some links that explain it better:

Chip Pearson has some notes written by Leonard Meads at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm

David McRitchie's notes at:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6nws01.htm

Tushar Mehta's notes at:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tut...e_ng/index.htm

And if you're looking for old posts:

Or you can use google (maybe a few hours behind) to search for stuff you've
posted (and find the replies, too)

http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...Excel*&num=100

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

"David" wrote:

Hi Forum,
This may sound like a strange question, but my computer crashed and I have
lost all of my "favorites." I am looking for a way to get to this site with
out having to go through all of the groups. I am also looking for a way to
not have all of the "Extras" that this screen has on it ie. the list of the
forums on the left, the "Search for:" ____ "in:" at the top, etc. It may
be I am in the wrong place to begin with, but it sure looks the same as where
I was before.

Is it possible ther is a similar web site? Could it be a "Group," as opposed
to a forum? Sure wish my system had not crashed, but oh well.

Thanks in advance.
--
David

--