Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GE GE is offline

Default Wanting to add best 3 out of 4 numbers in Excel?

Looking to add best 3 of 4 numbers in Excell, if all 4 numbers are the same
etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

GE,

=SUM(A1:A4) - MIN(A1:A4)

or

=SUM(A1:A4) - MAX(A1:A4)

depending on what "Best" means (highest or lowest).

And we generally can't read your mind to know exactly what "etc." means.....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"GE" wrote in message
Looking to add best 3 of 4 numbers in Excell, if all 4 numbers are the

same
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try
=SUM(LARGE(A1:A100,<71,2,3<0))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"GE" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Looking to add best 3 of 4 numbers in Excell, if all 4 numbers are

the same
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Frank,

Not sure what character set you're using ;-)

=SUM(LARGE(A1:A100,{1,2,3}))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
try
=SUM(LARGE(A1:A100,<71,2,3<0))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"GE" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Looking to add best 3 of 4 numbers in Excell, if all 4 numbers are

the same
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bernie
vcery strange. I'm sure i hit the {} keys???
Thanks for the correction

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"GE" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Looking to add best 3 of 4 numbers in Excell, if all 4 numbers

are
the same
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think something got lost in Franks' post when it hit the NG I am sure it
should be

=SUM(LARGE(A1:A100,{1,2,3}))

--

HTH

RP

"GE" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Looking to add best 3 of 4 numbers in Excell, if all 4 numbers are

the same
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob
thick fingers on my side - I guess :-))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Bob Phillips" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

"GE" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Looking to add best 3 of 4 numbers in Excell, if all 4 numbers

are
the same
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming