Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hyperlink burned to a CD doesn't work

I have an Excel file that has hyperlinks to other files (most Word, some
Excel) and the thing works like a champ. When I burn it to a CD, many of the
links do not work. I have not been able to see any common theme between the
links that don't work. Editing the CD link (in Excel via "Edit Hyperlink")
displays "D:\correctpath\tofiles\ontheCD.xls" and when I look at it on my
local drive it shows "D:\Documents and
Settings\MyUserDirectory\correctpath\tofiles\onthe harddrive.xls"

This is driving me nuts! Anyone have any experience with something like
this? Your help would sure be appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Love my users - ignore the previous post. Here's the real question:

If you have a spreadsheet on a network drive that has a hyperlink to another
file, how can you burn these 2 files to a cd and still have the hyperlinks
work? I have a system of ahundred or so files, each of which has 2 links
within it to other files, all of which are pointed to by a single spreadsheet
via hyperlinks. Every time I try to burn this to a CD, the links get trashed.

I'm using Roxio v6 as my burner, Windows XP professional, Office 2000. Not
sure what else would be helpful.

Any thoughts?

Paul Willman