Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looking for Lotus 123 menu equivalents

I've just been given the task of converting a very old Lotus 123
spreadsheet, with LOADS of macros, to MS Excel 2003. I don't really have a
problem with the VBA programming, but can't find a listing of the old lotus
menu structure for use in interpreting the macros.

As an example, one cell of a multi-cell keyboard macro contains
{GOTO}G3~/RFP~G3.G108~{GOTO}A3~/RFF~C13.C109~{GOTO}Y3~/RFF~Y3.Y109~.
Although the {GOTO}G3~ seems fairly straight forward, /RFP~G3.G108~ does
not.

Does anyone know of a listing of the '/' menu commands so that I can begin
to decipher what these macros do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I realise this wont give you a full map
of 123 menustructure but might put you on the road..

even in Excel2003 it's still there.

options/tools/transition
set the / as menu key
select the lotus 123 help option
check Transition navigation keys

now manually type a / in a cell
a dialog with interactive menuing should pop up.

--
keepITcool

Dave wrote in message
:

I've just been given the task of converting a very old Lotus 123
spreadsheet, with LOADS of macros, to MS Excel 2003. I don't really
have a problem with the VBA programming, but can't find a listing of
the old lotus menu structure for use in interpreting the macros.

As an example, one cell of a multi-cell keyboard macro contains
{GOTO}G3~/RFP~G3.G108~{GOTO}A3~/RFF~C13.C109~{GOTO}Y3~/RFF~Y3.Y109~.
Although the {GOTO}G3~ seems fairly straight forward, /RFP~G3.G108~
does not.

Does anyone know of a listing of the '/' menu commands so that I can
begin to decipher what these macros do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just checked xl97, xl97 & xl2002 and it's there for all
toolsoptionstransition

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

www.XLsupport.com | keepITcool chello nl | amsterdam

Dave wrote in message
:

I've just been given the task of converting a very old Lotus 123
spreadsheet, with LOADS of macros, to MS Excel 2003. I don't really
have a problem with the VBA programming, but can't find a listing of
the old lotus menu structure for use in interpreting the macros.

As an example, one cell of a multi-cell keyboard macro contains
{GOTO}G3~/RFP~G3.G108~{GOTO}A3~/RFF~C13.C109~{GOTO}Y3~/RFF~Y3.Y109~.
Although the {GOTO}G3~ seems fairly straight forward, /RFP~G3.G108~
does not.

Does anyone know of a listing of the '/' menu commands so that I can
begin to decipher what these macros do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TK TK is offline

Hi Dave:

Your Boss is still living €śback in the day€ť

as pointed out by Don /rfp is

/rfp = /range/format/percent

and also

/rff is /range/format/fixed
and at that point the program would except a number
indicating the decimal position.

and {GOTO} is as you assume however it was a macro
defined by 123 as are all instances you see in { }

~ is the enter symbol

I tried to find a map of the menus in the old manuals but there are none and
as
were the old DOS menus they may go 1--whatever deep.

The easiest way would be to go back in the warehouse and find an old computer
that still has 123 loaded.

Good Luck
TK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks TK,

I'll keep looking.

Dave

"TK" wrote in message
Hi Dave:

Your Boss is still living "back in the day"

as pointed out by Don /rfp is

/rfp = /range/format/percent

and also

/rff is /range/format/fixed
and at that point the program would except a number
indicating the decimal position.

and {GOTO} is as you assume however it was a macro
defined by 123 as are all instances you see in { }

~ is the enter symbol

I tried to find a map of the menus in the old manuals but there are none
and
as
were the old DOS menus they may go 1--whatever deep.

The easiest way would be to go back in the warehouse and find an old
computer
that still has 123 loaded.

Good Luck
TK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't think so but I don't have 2003...

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

Dave wrote in message
:

I've just been given the task of converting a very old Lotus 123
spreadsheet, with LOADS of macros, to MS Excel 2003. I don't really
have a problem with the VBA programming, but can't find a listing of
the old lotus menu structure for use in interpreting the macros.

As an example, one cell of a multi-cell keyboard macro contains
{GOTO}G3~/RFP~G3.G108~{GOTO}A3~/RFF~C13.C109~{GOTO}Y3~/RFF~Y3.Y109~.
Although the {GOTO}G3~ seems fairly straight forward, /RFP~G3.G108~
does not.

Does anyone know of a listing of the '/' menu commands so that I can
begin to decipher what these macros do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your correct (i'm switching versions too often)

in excel XP:
/Tools/Options
tab Transition

Settings -----------------------------------
Microsoft Excel menu or Help key : = /
o Microsoft Excel menus
X Lotus 123 help

V Transition Navigation Keys
Sheet Options ------------------------------
etc

In Excel2003: the settings controls have been removed.

I tried Programmatically:
application.TransitionMenuKeyAction=xllotushelp
application.TransitionMenuKey="/"

executes without error, but no change on the UI
and no reaction on the keypress.

ouch..
I'll try and see if i can find or create
a map of the menu's

--
keepITcool

:

Dave wrote in message
:

I've just been given the task of converting a very old Lotus 123
spreadsheet, with LOADS of macros, to MS Excel 2003. I don't
really have a problem with the VBA programming, but can't find a
listing of the old lotus menu structure for use in interpreting
the macros.

As an example, one cell of a multi-cell keyboard macro contains
{GOTO}G3~/RFP~G3.G108~{GOTO}A3~/RFF~C13.C109~{GOTO}Y3~/RFF~Y3.Y109
~. Although the {GOTO}G3~ seems fairly straight forward,
/RFP~G3.G108~ does not.

Does anyone know of a listing of the '/' menu commands so that I
can begin to decipher what these macros do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

I've typed it all out and put it a sheet.
Tried to mail but it bounced. please contact me by email.

--
keepITcool

Dave wrote :

Thanks TK,

I'll keep looking.

Dave

"TK" wrote in message
Hi Dave:

Your Boss is still living "back in the day"

as pointed out by Don /rfp is

/rfp = /range/format/percent

and also

/rff is /range/format/fixed
and at that point the program would except a number
indicating the decimal position.

and {GOTO} is as you assume however it was a macro
defined by 123 as are all instances you see in { }

~ is the enter symbol

I tried to find a map of the menus in the old manuals but there are
none and
as
were the old DOS menus they may go 1--whatever deep.

The easiest way would be to go back in the warehouse and find an
old computer
that still has 123 loaded.

Good Luck
TK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried replying to sender from your post but received a "host unkown
error".

Try replying to this post but remove any "_" characters and the word
"remove" from my reply address and it should go through.

Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it!

Dave Scott

"keepITcool" wrote in message
ft.com...
Dave,

I've typed it all out and put it a sheet.
Tried to mail but it bounced. please contact me by email.

--
keepITcool

Dave wrote :

Thanks TK,