Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel worksheet tabs

Is it possible to move the worksheet tabs in a workbook so that are visible
on the left or right hand side of the screen instead of being at the bottom?

The school computer security does not allow the use of right-clicking on a
mouse button, and with the worksheet tabs hidden from view by the taskbar -
which I can't hide, (please don't ask me why, but my programming has hidden
all possible non-used stuff from kids' roving fingers!), the students are not
able to navigate from one worksheet to another.

If not, can anyone please suggest the code for double clicking on a button
that opens another worksheet automatically.

I can then set up an intro page to my workbook where navigation to all
worksheets is possible.

thanks Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As long as the Excel window has been maximised the only reason you won't be able
to see the tabs should be that someone has used the option og Tools / Options /
View Tab / and unchecked 'Sheet tabs'. If putting this back is not an option
then you might also just try CTRL+PAGEUP or CTRL+PAGEDOWN which will tab through
the sheets. If all that isn't enough then I can't believe you will be able to
run any script, but if by any chance you can then try the following link:-

Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Bill Hall" wrote in message
Is it possible to move the worksheet tabs in a workbook so that are visible
on the left or right hand side of the screen instead of being at the bottom?

The school computer security does not allow the use of right-clicking on a
mouse button, and with the worksheet tabs hidden from view by the taskbar -
which I can't hide, (please don't ask me why, but my programming has hidden
all possible non-used stuff from kids' roving fingers!), the students are not
able to navigate from one worksheet to another.

If not, can anyone please suggest the code for double clicking on a button
that opens another worksheet automatically.

I can then set up an intro page to my workbook where navigation to all
worksheets is possible.

thanks Bill

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ken
Your second suggestion, i.e. CTRL+PAGEUP & CTRL-PAGEDOWN should be the
answer - many thanks. Have just reread my initial message!
When the students open the Excel template (Maths stuff - UK based), I have
restricted their access to most of the things on the screen - like only
having the menu bar, without any of the "worded" menus, and then the window
like fullscreen. The task bar then covers up the Excel tabs, and as they are
not able to hide the taskbar, they were not able to go from one worksheet to
the next.
Now your suggestion should solve the problem! Many thanks
Bill

"Bill Hall" wrote in message
Is it possible to move the worksheet tabs in a workbook so that are visible
on the left or right hand side of the screen instead of being at the bottom?

The school computer security does not allow the use of right-clicking on a
mouse button, and with the worksheet tabs hidden from view by the taskbar -
which I can't hide, (please don't ask me why, but my programming has hidden
all possible non-used stuff from kids' roving fingers!), the students are not
able to navigate from one worksheet to another.

If not, can anyone please suggest the code for double clicking on a button
that opens another worksheet automatically.

I can then set up an intro page to my workbook where navigation to all
worksheets is possible.

thanks Bill

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're welcome - wicked but welcome :-) I'd not be a happy bunny if someone
took my tabs away.................