Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newbie Pls help

Hi

I am newbie. I have an excelsheet with 5 Columns A,B,C,D,E,F. Columns B, C,E
are dropdownlists. Now my problem is how to generate a bar-graph on Columns
A,B,C, E,F dynamically based on the data in the excel. The data in excel
might get added or removed.

How to do this ? Any sample code wld be great.

Pls help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try Jon Peltier and Tushar Mehta's webpages

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/index-old.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html
or just
http://petiertech.com

Sileesh wrote in message
Hi

I am newbie. I have an excelsheet with 5 Columns A,B,C,D,E,F. Columns B,

C,E
are dropdownlists. Now my problem is how to generate a bar-graph on

Columns
A,B,C, E,F dynamically based on the data in the excel. The data in excel
might get added or removed.

How to do this ? Any sample code wld be great.

Pls help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

if you're just asking how you can graph the information from say A1:F20 (for
example) then the easiest way is to select the range (if you really want to
miss out column D then select from A1:C20, hold down the control key and
then select from E1:F20 (you need to do it in this order)) then press the
F11 key ... now choose Chart / Chart type from the menu and choose the bar
chart. This will change when the information in these columns changes.

if you're asking anything else, please post back with a sample of your data
(please don't attach a workbook) and a more detailed description of what you
want to see.

Cheers
JulieD

"Sileesh" wrote in message
Hi

I am newbie. I have an excelsheet with 5 Columns A,B,C,D,E,F. Columns B,
C,E
are dropdownlists. Now my problem is how to generate a bar-graph on
Columns
A,B,C, E,F dynamically based on the data in the excel. The data in excel
might get added or removed.

How to do this ? Any sample code wld be great.

Pls help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Here is how my Excel sheet look like. Equipment, Shift and Reason are
dropdownlist. Each time we enter data in row, we choose one of option from
Dropdownlist.

Date Equipment Shift HrsAvail Uptime Reason

11/01/04 EqipA Day 10 10 Rea1
11/02/04 EqipB Night 10 6 Rea2
11/03/04 EqipC Day 10 8 Rea2
11/04/04 EqipA Day 10 10 Rea3

So what i am asking now is, the data in the seet changes very often. So i
have to somehow be able to generate bar graph automatically. Can this be done
thru a macro or VB script by selecting the x n yaxis dynamically from one of
the heading above?

Also how can we read all the options from each dropdownlist in vbscript?

Pls help

"Sileesh" wrote in message
Hi

I am newbie. I have an excelsheet with 5 Columns A,B,C,D,E,F. Columns B,
C,E
are dropdownlists. Now my problem is how to generate a bar-graph on
Columns
A,B,C, E,F dynamically based on the data in the excel. The data in excel
might get added or removed.

How to do this ? Any sample code wld be great.

Pls help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a guess, but maybe this is what you need: Your data is as follows

Date Equipment Shift HrsAvail Uptime Reason

11/01/04 EqipA Day 10 10 Rea1
11/02/04 EqipB Night 10 6 Rea2
11/03/04 EqipC Day 10 8 Rea2
11/04/04 EqipA Day 10 10 Rea3

Select the Header row (i.e date, equip... etc), Click DATA FILTER
AUTO FILTER.
This will display dropdowns for the headers and now you can select an
given equip or day/night or reason, and filter the data.

Now select the date column, the HrsAvailable and Uptime columns. Draw
bar graph.

Now when you select a given equip, day/night, or reason, the graph wil
display only the filtered data

--
mangesh_yada

mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1047
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27759

Newbie lena Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 6th 09 06:52 AM
Real Newbie newbie question Dave New Users to Excel 0 January 10th 07 07:55 PM
newbie madcat[_7_] Excel Programming 0 July 1st 04 07:27 AM
Newbie Help ARB Excel Programming 0 October 21st 03 08:20 PM
ADO newbie help please Mike NG Excel Programming 0 July 23rd 03 03:10 PM