Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find Hard Coded Cells

Hi everyone. I have a small piece of code that finds cells that have
hardcoded numbers in them and colors the cell blue. Unfortunately, it only
finds "true hardcoded" cells, for example, the number 23456. What it does
not find is =A1+23456. I have a huge file that my boss has sporadically
edited cells with numbers to make a certain value. I need to find those
"edits" and remove them. Any ideas on how to modify the below code to finds
the numbers within a formula like =A1+23456? Thank you!

Sub ColorCellsOnce()
On Error Resume Next
Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 1).Font.ColorIndex = 5
On Error GoTo 0