Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Index Sheet which summarizes all cells with hard coded data.

I am looking to build a routine which check all the cells in my workboo
and finds the cells which have hard coded constants in them and print
their cell address in a defined sheet.

For example, the routine would run and lets say it finds cells wit
hard coded data ("=3", "=4*5, etc )or hard coded date within formula
(=A2+5). It would then print out the cell addresses on a define
sheet in a single column:

Sheet1!A2
Sheet2!G48
Sheet3!J56

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advanc

--
ExcelMonke
ExcelMonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=522

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Monkey:

You originally posted your question on September 9, 2004. If you are
still trying to solve the problem of locating numerical constants in cells or
forumlas in multiple worksheets in a workbook, then re-post your question and
I'll offer my thoughts on how I'd address the problem.

Steve in Ohio

"ExcelMonkey" wrote:

I am looking to build a routine which check all the cells in my workbook
and finds the cells which have hard coded constants in them and prints
their cell address in a defined sheet.

For example, the routine would run and lets say it finds cells with
hard coded data ("=3", "=4*5, etc )or hard coded date within formulas
(=A2+5). It would then print out the cell addresses on a defined

ExcelMonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5221
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=261813