Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Fill Color - any way to know what it's set to?

I wrote a little VBA macro. I want it to fill in alternating rows with the
currently selected fill color, whatever that may be. The overriding
objective is simply that the user (maybe just me) be able to select a color
and then use it for this alternating row fill.

There doesn't seem to any way to specify the current fill color. I have to
either specify an RGB value or a color index number. Is there a way to
obtain the active fill color?

If not, is there a control I can put on a form that will automatically ask
the user which color to use?

Thanks,
Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Colin,

Visit

for a working technique.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Colin Higbie" wrote in message
I wrote a little VBA macro. I want it to fill in alternating rows with the
currently selected fill color, whatever that may be. The overriding
objective is simply that the user (maybe just me) be able to select a

color
and then use it for this alternating row fill.

There doesn't seem to any way to specify the current fill color. I have to
either specify an RGB value or a color index number. Is there a way to
obtain the active fill color?

If not, is there a control I can put on a form that will automatically ask
the user which color to use?

Thanks,
Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Looks great! Thanks.

I do think there ought to be a way to get at the active color (you don't
have re-select a color every time you click on the Fill button), but this is
the next best thing.

Thanks again,
Colin