Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Increase all Font Sizes by a Certain level Q

Is it possible through some VB code to increase all font sizes in a certain
area by a set value, say 10, so that cells currently with a size of 10 would
increase to 20 and cells with 8 would increase to 18 etc so that everything
is held relative.

What I want to do is print out a range but the current values within same
are quite small when printed, I don't want to permanently increase the size
as it also is an input screen for users and is the correct size the way it
currently is

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John,

What I want to do is print out a range but the current values within same
are quite small when printed, I don't want to permanently increase the size
as it also is an input screen for users and is the correct size the way it
currently is

The best way around this is to create an additional print sheet with formulas
pointing to the input sheet. Now you can make this print sheet as pretty or
ugly as you like, without affecting the layout and appearance of your input
sheet.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jan

Bit of a problem there in that my workbook is nearly 1mb to start with
adding another sheet would explode this which I don't really want to do

Thank

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote in message
Hi John,

What I want to do is print out a range but the current values within

same
are quite small when printed, I don't want to permanently increase the

size
as it also is an input screen for users and is the correct size the way

it
currently is

The best way around this is to create an additional print sheet with

formulas
pointing to the input sheet. Now you can make this print sheet as pretty

or
ugly as you like, without affecting the layout and appearance of your

input
sheet.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John,

Bit of a problem there in that my workbook is nearly 1mb to start with
adding another sheet would explode this which I don't really want to do

I have a hard time imagining one additional sheet exploding the filesize.
Especially since it is a "copy" of an input sheet, which usually isn't
very huge to begin with.

Why not try to just copy the input sheet, save the file (Save-as a new
file of course) and inspect the new size? If it balloons, I would first
check whether the last used cell on your inputsheet is really the last
cell in use (hit control-end and see what cell is selected). If not,
delete all extraneous rows and columns first.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jan

I have a schedule built by day over 365 days (rows) covering 10 employees,
with 3 columns per employee. Within this are formulas and formatting. It
currently stands at 860k. I thought by just copying sheet 1, via formulas
etc it would just double the size, but then again IT is not my line, I'll
give it a go and see

Thanks