Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table refreshing

I have a pivottable which uses 4 page fields - I have written some code to
sort the first page field into the order that I need:
Violin 1
Violin 2
Viola
Cello
Double Bass
etc through the orchestra. Obviously I can't sort automatically because this
will sort alphabetically rather than section order, so I have used:
with .Pagefields("Section")
.PivotItems("Violin 1").Position = 1
.PivotItems("Violin 2").Position = 2
..
..
..
End With
Although I have set calculation to xlManual, the pivottable seems to update
after every line of code markedly extending the refresh time. Is there a way
that I can disable the update until I have completely sorted the list?

Thanks,
Steve