Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Default Outlook Automation

I am trying to write some code which, from within Excel, collates details
(sender and subject) of all returned receipts.

I have successfully written code which does this for items in my own inbox,
but would like to be able to do it for another mailbox's inbox which I have
access to, having added it to my user profile.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Paul Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Hi Paul

Dick have examples on his site about it i believe

Automating Outlook with Excel (Dick Kusleika)http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olAutomating.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Paul Smith" wrote in message ...
I am trying to write some code which, from within Excel, collates details (sender and subject) of all returned receipts.

I have successfully written code which does this for items in my own inbox, but would like to be able to do it for another
mailbox's inbox which I have access to, having added it to my user profile.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Paul Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Paul,

Do you create a MAPI namespace and login in your code? If so, just add the
name to the named argument in the login.

--

HTH

RP

"Paul Smith" wrote in message
I am trying to write some code which, from within Excel, collates details
(sender and subject) of all returned receipts.

I have successfully written code which does this for items in my own

inbox,
but would like to be able to do it for another mailbox's inbox which I

have
access to, having added it to my user profile.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Paul Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

In the code you already have, you're using Namespace.GetDefaultFolder to
return a MAPIFolder object for the Inbox, right? Well, to access another
user's Inbox, you can use Namespace.GetSharedDefaultFolder.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of