Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Drop Down List Selection... Then go to The Cell / Range

What code would I need to be able to Select a Month from a drop down list,
then jump to the area of my worksheet that the month is situated. Its like a
GOTO command except I'm selecting from a drop down list.

I can create dropdown lists and can create a macro to goto a specific cell,
but how do I incorporate this within a drop down list?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I assume you mean the list option in Data = Validation

If you are using Excel 2000 or later, then making the selection should
trigger the Change event.

Use the Target argument of the Change event to see if it was your dropdown
cell which triggered the event. If so, check the value and then execute
code that positions the selection in accordance with the value of Target.

See Chip Pearson's page on Events for general information on events

Tom Ogilvy

"John" wrote in message
What code would I need to be able to Select a Month from a drop down list,
then jump to the area of my worksheet that the month is situated. Its like

GOTO command except I'm selecting from a drop down list.

I can create dropdown lists and can create a macro to goto a specific

cell,
but how do I incorporate this within a drop down list?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To go to a range on the worksheet, without programming, you can use
named ranges.

For example, select cell A35
Click in the Name Box, to the left of the Formula Bar
Type: February
Press the Enter key to complete the naming

Press Ctrl+Home to return to the top of the worksheet

Click the dropdown arrow at the right of the Name Box
Select February, and that will become the active range

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List