Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Way to merge data in 3 cells?

Hello,

I have a raw data with the month in cell A1, Day in B1 and Year in D1.
How do I put them in one cell so it will read (month-Day-Year)? Thanks

Cameron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
you could paste:
=DATE(D1,A1,B1)
in a different cell (e.g., A2)

then goto Format - Cells - click Number tab - choose Custom and paste the
following under "Type:":
(m-d-yyyy)

"Cam Hua" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a raw data with the month in cell A1, Day in B1 and Year in D1.
How do I put them in one cell so it will read (month-Day-Year)? Thanks

Cameron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cam Hua,

If you want to use Excel to format the date through the number format:
=DATE(D1,A1,B1)

If you want the result to be text:
=A1&"-"&B1&"-"&D1

Dale Preuss