Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Possible to move data to a specific cell?

I have a spreadsheet with data pulled from my database. I want to tak
the value in the last cell of each row and move it into a new cell, on
that I specify.
In other words, for each row, take the data in the last column and mov
it to column X, same row. The column to move to will be the same for th
entire sheet

--
Bell
Belle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1573

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
AFAIK they are stored in Excel's *.xlb files

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Belle" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

I have a spreadsheet with data pulled from my database. I want to

take
the value in the last cell of each row and move it into a new cell,

one
that I specify.
In other words, for each row, take the data in the last column and

move
it to column X, same row. The column to move to will be the same for

the
entire sheet.

--
Belle

---
Belle's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Would something like this work?

FirstRow = 5
LastRow = 15
SourceColumn = 2
DestColumn = 9
For CurrentRow = FirstRow To LastRow
Cells(CurrentRow, SourceColumn).Copy
Cells(CurrentRow, DestColumn).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues,
xlPasteSpecialOperationNone
Next 'CurrentRow

HTH
Chris

"Belle" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet with data pulled from my database. I want to take
the value in the last cell of each row and move it into a new cell, one
that I specify.
In other words, for each row, take the data in the last column and move
it to column X, same row. The column to move to will be the same for the
entire sheet.

--
Belle
Belle's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=272517

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe you could copy the entire row and move it to row x.

I have a book at work that shows how to do this... but I hope the idea
helps.

its something to the effect of:

activecell.range("F").copy

activecell.range("X").paste

(mybe you could even cut, or else after you copy, just delete the
entire column?)

Does anyone think this method would work for Belle

--
Mcasteel
Mcasteel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15698