Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Quick question about using a barcode scanner with excel

Thanks for that I was just wondering how would I get it to say yes or n
in that column? Also would it be possible to have the date appear in th
cell next to this to show when the item was scanned? Could you us
something like =IF G2 = yes print today's date? Or something like tha

--
Johnse
Johnsey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1556

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the scanned barcode appears in F2 as an example:

=if(F2="","",if(iserror(match(F2,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$10 0,0))"No","Yes"))

where the list of barcodes to be checked against is in Sheet1 in cells
A1:A100.

any date produced by a formula would change/update whenever the sheet was
recalculated unless you wanted to introduce intentional circular references.
Easier might be to use the change event to populate an adjacent cell with a
hard coded date

See Chip Pearson's page on events:

Tom Ogilvy

"Johnsey" wrote in message

Thanks for that I was just wondering how would I get it to say yes or no
in that column? Also would it be possible to have the date appear in the
cell next to this to show when the item was scanned? Could you use
something like =IF G2 = yes print today's date? Or something like that

--
Johnsey
Johnsey's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=271229