Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default adding cells of workbooks not yet created

Hi

Every time I do some work I create a spreadsheet containing details of
the expenses incurred. The total is always in cell G1. Is it possible
to create a master spreadsheet that will automatically add up all the
G1 cells without my having to update the formula each time I create a
new expenses spreadsheet?

TIA

Terry
==
Terry Freedman
For articles on e-learning and ICT, and to subscribe to Computers in Classrooms, visit http://www.ictineducation.org
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

put in 3 new blank sheets
Name the first First
Name the second Last
Name the third Master

in Master put in the formula
=Sum(First:Last!G1)

now move all your expense sheets between sheets First and Last in the tab
order. When you create a new one, put it between first and last.

Tom Ogilvy

"terry freedman" wrote in message
Hi

Every time I do some work I create a spreadsheet containing details of
the expenses incurred. The total is always in cell G1. Is it possible
to create a master spreadsheet that will automatically add up all the
G1 cells without my having to update the formula each time I create a
new expenses spreadsheet?

TIA

Terry
==
Terry Freedman
For articles on e-learning and ICT, and to subscribe to Computers in

Classrooms, visit http://www.ictineducation.org

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's brilliant, Tom

Thanks!

Terry

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:02:19 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

put in 3 new blank sheets
Name the first First
Name the second Last
Name the third Master

in Master put in the formula
=Sum(First:Last!G1)

now move all your expense sheets between sheets First and Last in the tab
order. When you create a new one, put it between first and last.

==
Terry Freedman
For articles on e-learning and ICT, and to subscribe to Computers in Classrooms, visit http://www.ictineducation.org
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The simplest way is to keep all your spreadsheets in one workbook, each on a
different sheet. Name the workbook a descriptive name for the jobs you have
done in a certain period of time, for example "2004Jan_Mar.xls" and create
enough blank sheets to enter your jobs for that period. Make sheet1 your
Totals sheet and put a formula on it to Sum G1 on all other sheets.

Mike F