Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default adding cells of workbooks not yet created

The simplest way is to keep all your spreadsheets in one workbook, each on a
different sheet. Name the workbook a descriptive name for the jobs you have
done in a certain period of time, for example "2004Jan_Mar.xls" and create
enough blank sheets to enter your jobs for that period. Make sheet1 your
Totals sheet and put a formula on it to Sum G1 on all other sheets.

Mike F
"terry freedman" wrote in message
Hi

Every time I do some work I create a spreadsheet containing details of
the expenses incurred. The total is always in cell G1. Is it possible
to create a master spreadsheet that will automatically add up all the
G1 cells without my having to update the formula each time I create a
new expenses spreadsheet?

TIA

Terry
==
Terry Freedman
For articles on e-learning and ICT, and to subscribe to Computers in

Classrooms, visit http://www.ictineducation.org