Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default cell security

Hi,

Is there anyway that I can stop a user adding any other value than a number,
I have put in place validation but the users can still add their own formula,
eg =sum(A1:A4)

This causes a problem as if the have added a value incorrectly into one of
the 'summed' fields it is hard to locate the error!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike,

Thanks it for the email, but this now does not let me allow me to type any
data into the cell.

When I do it also comes up with the 'The value you entered is not valid.'
stop error alert message box.

Do I need to add the number range to make this work, I need 0 to 10000?