Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Security

Is it possible to lock access to a cell or cell range?

I know it is possible to lock a cell range and then protect the worksheet,
but the locked and protected range can still be referred to, even if I
disallow selecting of locked cells.

I.e. if I lock and protect Column A, disallowing selection of locked cells;
a user can insert a formula in an unlocked cell that referrs to the locked
cell, by typing, e.g. "=a1."

Maybe this is possible in Excel 2007 but not in my version (2003).
Thanks,
Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe this is possible in Excel 2007

No more than in 2003. Meaning that maybe you could do something kludgey
with a sheet change event macro, but macros can be disabled so it's hardly
fail safe.

--
Jim