Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default chart graphing

This is on one of the threads, but I thought I would put it out to
everyone:

I've been told it's possible to make a chart of chart type line with
just the dots (no line or lines connecting them) by doing:

1. Create a line chart.
2. Select the line (click on it making sure the line has the focus).
3. Right click on the line and select Format Data Series
4. Under the pattern tab and the line section, select the None radio
button.
5. Click OK and you should have a line chart.

It works great, but the only thing is I have 200+ charts and growing. I
made these charts through the pivot chart function. Is there some
easier way to convert all the charts to just dots without having to go
into each one individually.

I've been following some of the recent threads on charts and saw that
Debra Daiglish has written a macro to print pivot charts. That would be
perfect! But is there some way to make it work for chart of chart type
line with just the dots.

Any solutions would be great. Thanks.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could try the Demo version of XspandXl on my site. Open your workbook.
Launch the Chart Browser. Define a custom chart style based on the chart you
like. Select the charts you want to reformat and use the Apply Styles
command.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"dan graziano" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at your website and tried
downloading the demo version. But now it's asking for a password. I
don't recall seeing a password. Please clarify.

Also when you mention to launch the chart browser, where would that be
found?

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan,

The password was sent yesterday following your email to our support address.
Not sure why the server message which was logged as sent didn't get through
to you. If you install the downloaded add-in, the chart browser can be
accessed from the XspandXL menu or button that looks like a couple of tiny
charts on the toolbar.