Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default graphing in excel

Is it possible to make a chart of chart type line with just the dots (no
line or lines connecting them)? How could this be done? Thanks.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sure is.

1. Create a line chart.
2. Select the line (click on it making sure the line has the focus).
3. Right click on the line and select Format Data Series
4. Under the pattern tab and the line section, select the None radi
button.
5. Click OK and you should have a line chart.

--
kkkni
kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=754

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kkknie and others who might be familiar with this,

Thanks, it worked! Just one question though on this - I have about 200+
charts to do this on, is there a macro that could do this (make a line
chart show just the dots) on all of them? I`ve also seen in another
thread recently that Debra Daiglish has written a macro that makes it
possible to print all charts from a pivot table/chart in one shot.

That would be perfect! But would it be possible to do this again for
line charts with just the dots? If possible, I'd really prefer not
having to go into 200+ charts individually to remove the line (these
charts are also generated through the pivot chart function).

Thanks.

Dan