rdp

Default MS EXCEL graphing

I have a simple scatter plot containing approx 1 weeks worth of minutely wind
speed data (10,000 points). (Y-axis is the magnitude of the wind, x-axis is
the time in minutes for the entire data set) Is there a utility which allows
me to zoom in on the time axis (x-axis) and then scroll along the entire axis
to see all the data. Currently, I have to continue to manually enter the
"minimum" and "maximum" values on the "format axis" screen to go through the
data bit by bit. The problem is that when the complete week is plotted in
one window, the details are not easy to see, where as by "zooming" in at the
data all the detailed wind values can be seen. I essentially would like to
scroll along viewing the details for the complete data set.

This would be a useful tool for all my data analysis.

From an experienced MS EXCEL user!

Thanks
Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

rdp wrote:

I have a simple scatter plot containing approx 1 weeks worth of minutely wind
speed data (10,000 points). (Y-axis is the magnitude of the wind, x-axis is
the time in minutes for the entire data set) Is there a utility which allows
me to zoom in on the time axis (x-axis) and then scroll along the entire axis
to see all the data. Currently, I have to continue to manually enter the
"minimum" and "maximum" values on the "format axis" screen to go through the
data bit by bit. The problem is that when the complete week is plotted in
one window, the details are not easy to see, where as by "zooming" in at the
data all the detailed wind values can be seen. I essentially would like to
scroll along viewing the details for the complete data set.

This would be a useful tool for all my data analysis.

From an experienced MS EXCEL user!

Thanks

---------------------

I don't know the direct answer to your question. However what I
sometimes do when faced with a desire to zoom is to just drag the edge
of the graph to resize it to the right waaaay off screen. You can make
the graph 20 times wider than the screen if you want. Then you just use
the normal slider bar at the bottom of the worksheet window to move left
and right through the chart. A poor man's zoom function.

I presume the same trick works in the vertical axis, though I've never
had occasion to try it that way.

Good luck....

Bill
AlfD

Hi!

Yes, there is. It's called Funchart7, I think, and is downloadable from
Stephen Bullen's site www.bmsltd.ie/Excel

Alf

AlfD wrote:

Hi!

Yes, there is. It's called Funchart7, I think, and is downloadable from
Stephen Bullen's site www.bmsltd.ie/Excel

Alf

Verrrry interesting! A nice trick. Thanks for the pointer.

Bill