Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying rows with spesified data on one or more columns from sheet/file to another?

The situation/problem:

I get a monthly Excel Worksheet with "tons" of raw data, and I need t
copy all the rows with spesific data on one column to another "report
sheet.

For example; The column B on raw data worksheet has information wh
needs the info on that row, e.g. Responsible X. So I go through th
data and copy all the rows with 'Responsible X' in column B.. and cop
those rows to my report sheet to "raw data" tab.. (currently I do thi
manually, and it bothers me a bit, as I know it should be possible wit
macro or other kind of automation.)

This goes even more problematic, as I also need to copy some rows fro
raw data sheet where column B is 'Responsible Y' and column A i
'Project Z' to another sheet. This requires certain amount of sortin
and still is prone to human error - as copy-paste usually is :)

Is it possible to have the macro in another workbook? As I'd like t
keep the target worksheet free of macros.. (so the others who read th
sheet can't update the info with that macro)

I have tried to do this kind of functionality, and I have a "Update
sheet where I have the path and name of the "raw data sheet" an
"report sheet", and also the info I need to find from column B and/o
column A. To this sheet, I have tried to do 'a button' which woul
'copy all rows from file 'raw data sheet' which fill the criteri
(certain data on column B and/or column A) to report sheet's tab 'ra
data'.. but my knowledge of the code isn't good enough..

-Zemal

--
Zemal
Zemalf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1532