Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Determine version of .xls file from VB6

Hope this is OK in this forum.
Is there a way to interrogate a bunch of .xls files and determine
1. Which version of Excel they were created in.
2. Whether they have macros inside.
3. Will the answer to 2. be different depending on the version?
Thanks.