Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy layout to all worksheets

Hi
I have a workbook with 25 worksheets.
The first sheet is my "template "; all other are based upon this template
The question is:
Whe I chnage something on the template: layout/colour of a cell, columwith,
validation of a range of cells.... I want it to be changed in all sheets.
How can this be done?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This should copy formats, but not sure what you mean by "validation of a
range of cells".
Change "Sheet1" to your template name.

Sub Test()
Dim wsTpl As Worksheet, ws As Worksheet, r As Range
Set wsTpl = Worksheets("Sheet1") 'template
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
wsTpl.Cells.Copy
If Not ws Is wsTpl Then
ws.Activate 'only to enable r.Select later
Set r = ActiveCell
ws.Cells.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormats
r.Select 'to deselect whole sheet
End If
Next
wsTpl.Activate
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Peter

"Jean-Paul De Winter" wrote in message
Hi
I have a workbook with 25 worksheets.
The first sheet is my "template "; all other are based upon this template
The question is:
Whe I chnage something on the template: layout/colour of a cell,

columwith,
validation of a range of cells.... I want it to be changed in all sheets.
How can this be done?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

great help.... saves hours of time