Bob

Default How do I get/copy the (same) layout from a linked worksheet?

I've got a Excel document containing three worksheets. The first worksheet
gets his data from the third worksheet. It is linked and I want it to get the
same layout as the third worksheet. However, I tried everything, but I can't
find a solution. Can't find it in the offline help, neather in the online
help...

Has anyone dealed with this problem before?

Thanks in advance!
bj

I am not completely sure what you want, but have you selected everything on
sheet three, and copied it.
then go to the first sheet select the entire sheet and paste special format

"Bob" wrote:

I've got a Excel document containing three worksheets. The first worksheet
gets his data from the third worksheet. It is linked and I want it to get the
same layout as the third worksheet. However, I tried everything, but I can't
find a solution. Can't find it in the offline help, neather in the online
help...

Has anyone dealed with this problem before?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

That's not really what I'm looking for. I will explain my problem: sheet 3 is
the source for some data presented on sheet 1 and they are linked. If I
change the data on sheet 3, it also changes on sheet 1. The text on sheet 3
contains black and red text. On sheet one, this text is completely black and
that's not how I want it. The black and red are chosen to show a different
meaning and that should also be visible on sheet 1.

I hope this will elucidate the situation a bit.

"Bob" wrote:

I've got a Excel document containing three worksheets. The first worksheet
gets his data from the third worksheet. It is linked and I want it to get the
same layout as the third worksheet. However, I tried everything, but I can't
find a solution. Can't find it in the offline help, neather in the online
help...

Has anyone dealed with this problem before?

Thanks in advance!

bj

if the colors of the data on sheet 3 change because of conditional formating
or custom formating based on the value in the cell. then copying and paste
special format on the cells should make sheet one work. If the color is
conditionally formated based on values from other cells, the conditional
format on sheet one needs to be set similar but referencing sheet 3.
Is the colors are put in while the information is typed, you will probably
need a macro code to keep the formating similar.