Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Prevent selecting locked cells

I would like to be able to prevent users from selecting locked cells in a
worksheet and to do this have used the EnableSelection property with the
Protect method. The problem I had was that when the workbook is closed and
re-opened the locked cells are still selectable. Having looked at previous
posts I see that this is because the EnableSelection property is not
persistent. However, it does seem to be persistent if I manually protect the
worksheet so that only unlocked cells can be selected. How come this can't be
achieved with VBA?