Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change the colour of a bunch of cells, based on one cell.

Hi,

I have a montly on-call roster which is colour coded for each person on the
roster.

I have set it up that if you put a name in the Thursday afternoon session,
it replicates
the name through to the NEXT Thursday morning. HOWEVER, I would like to
also modify the colour of those fields, so that if the person on-call swaps
with another
person, instead of using the Formatter Painter and changing each group of
cells, it
does it automatically.

Something like
IF (E14 = "Bob",
(CELL.Colour="Red",CELL.Text="Bob"),
IF (E14 = "Fred",
(CELL.Colour="Blue",CELL.Text="Fred"),
(CELL.Colour="Green",CELL.Text=E14)
)

I have set the above out as follows
IF
THEN
ELSIF
THEN
ELSE

Any ideas.

Cheers
Craig.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
for only 3 persons you could use 'Format - Conditional Format' for this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Craig & Co. wrote:
[...]