Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newbie Q: OpenRecordset from Excel

Check out ADO as a starting point via yahoo.
Full db connectivity is available via ADO

--
If I've mis-understood the question please tell me.

HTH

ijb

Remove nospam from my e-mail address to talk direct

Not MCSD, MVP, TLA, P&P, PCMCIA, etc just trying to help

"Vinicio Ascone" wrote in message
Hi all!

I've got an Access macro and i need to change it to Excel. :(

Is there any way i could connect to SqlServer database and use
openrecordsets and stuff like that?

Please, any help is welcome!

Vinicio

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Before starting to Program your own code with ADO..
check out Excel's QueryTables.

Data/Import External Data/New DB Query.

(and it helps to ensure that MSQuery is installed)
it's optional in Office Setup.)

keepITcool