Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command button - won't execute twice in sequence

Hello --

I have 3 command buttons (btnA, btnB, btnC) on a worksheet, each performing
the same task on 3 different columns:
- Click button
- show UserForm (contains only a listbox)
- click listbox item
- selected item is assigned to a cell below the button; form closes

Each button works fine if btnB is clicked, for example, after btnA.

Problem: btnA will not show the UserForm if clicked immediately after
clicking btnA the first time.
The user might have made a mistake and wants to select a different item from
the listbox; I don't want him/her to have to click another button just to
make the desired one "active" again.

Code for listbox Click event is:

Private Sub lstSelectComponent_Click()
'clicking a model in listbox selects the model ID
Dim strCellEqpSelName As String 'range name of cell holding selected
eqp name
strCellEqpSelName = "sel_" & g_strCellEqpSel
Cells.Range(strCellEqpSelName).Value = Me.lstSelectComponent.Value
frmSelectComponent.Hide
Exit Sub
End Sub

Can someone tell me what is wrong with my approach? Is there some code
needed to "re-activate" the clicked button?

Thanks for any help.

Larry Mehl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not really sure about what your problem is, but how about having a command
button on the userform that the user clicks when they are happy they have
made the correct selection from the listbox.

--

HTH

RP

"L Mehl" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob --

Thanks for responding. That would work, but it would add a step for the
user (for each "real" button clicked).

Is it possible to hide your suggested button and write code to "click" that
button every time a "real" button is clicked?

Larry

"L Mehl" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Larry,

You could, but that would defeat the object of the button and you would be
in the same position that you are in now, mistakes require starting again.

--

HTH

RP

"L Mehl" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob --

What is the mistake to which you refer?

Which button would be "defeated"? I wouldn't mind a workaround that
"cleared" the clicked button and made it ready for being clicked again in
sequence.

"L Mehl" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Larry,

I have a hunch there's some other code in your Userform's Initialise event
that makes a difference.

Try replacing
frmSelectComponent.Hide
with
Unload frmSelectComponent

Regards,
Vic Eldridge

"L Mehl" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Vic --

Your hunch was 100% accurate. The buttons work like a charm. Thank you
very much for responding.

That fix will make me look good in a meeting today.

Larry

m...