Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command button - won't execute twice in sequence

Larry,

You could, but that would defeat the object of the button and you would be
in the same position that you are in now, mistakes require starting again.

--

HTH

RP

"L Mehl" wrote in message
Bob --

Thanks for responding. That would work, but it would add a step for the
user (for each "real" button clicked).

Is it possible to hide your suggested button and write code to "click"

that
button every time a "real" button is clicked?

Larry

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Not really sure about what your problem is, but how about having a

command
button on the userform that the user clicks when they are happy they

have
made the correct selection from the listbox.

--

HTH

RP

"L Mehl" wrote in message
Hello --

I have 3 command buttons (btnA, btnB, btnC) on a worksheet, each

performing
the same task on 3 different columns:
- Click button
- show UserForm (contains only a listbox)
- click listbox item
- selected item is assigned to a cell below the button; form closes

Each button works fine if btnB is clicked, for example, after btnA.

Problem: btnA will not show the UserForm if clicked immediately after
clicking btnA the first time.
The user might have made a mistake and wants to select a different

item
from
the listbox; I don't want him/her to have to click another button just

make the desired one "active" again.

Code for listbox Click event is:

Private Sub lstSelectComponent_Click()
'clicking a model in listbox selects the model ID
Dim strCellEqpSelName As String 'range name of cell holding

selected
eqp name
strCellEqpSelName = "sel_" & g_strCellEqpSel
Cells.Range(strCellEqpSelName).Value = Me.lstSelectComponent.Value
frmSelectComponent.Hide
Exit Sub
End Sub

Can someone tell me what is wrong with my approach? Is there some

code
needed to "re-activate" the clicked button?

Thanks for any help.

Larry Mehl